State Vehicle Reservation Form
Adding an Event Request through the Open Entry Submission Form
This form may include any of the following options:
- Event Categorization for Marketing - The ability to select one or multiple category(s)/subcategory(s) for where you would like your event to be placed on this organization's marketing calendar(s).
- Event Facility Request - The ability to search and find an available facility for hosting your event and make a request to the facility owner for approval of your room reservation.
- Event Resource Request - The ability to select from a resource category/subcategory drop-down menu to see resources that may be available for use at your event. If you see a resource that you would like to request; click the ADD button beside that resource in order to add it to your event request and the appropriate owner of that resource will process your request.
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not see any of the options listed above (marketing, facility request or resource request) on this form, than it may be that this option has been disabled and is not available through this form.
How to Submit an Event
Complete the form provided. Certain fields on the open event submission form
are required and some are optional. Any field that is marked with an asterisk
(*) is a required field and must be completed before you can finalize your
event submission. Other details regarding each field are noted below.
Event Submitted By
Any information entered in this area is for event processing only and will never be displayed with the Calendar event details if approved for posting.
- *First Name: This field supports up to 50 maximum characters.
- *Last Name: This field supports up to 50 maximum characters.
- *Email: This field supports up to 100 maximum characters. Be sure to check your email address carefully so that a Calendar administrator can contact you if there is a question with your event submission.
- *Event Name: This field supports 100 maximum characters.
- Event Categorization: You may select one, multiple or all Category(s) or Category(s)/Subcategory(s) from the list box provided. Click the checkbox beside of the Category/Subcategory that you would like to add your event for classification on the Calendar.
- *Event Description: This field supports 8,000 maximum characters. HTML can be entered within this field. You can also enter a hypertext link in this field using "http://", "https://" or "www." and the hypertext link will be automatically created for you once the event is approved and posted live to the Calendar.
- *Start Date: You may select from the drop-downs provided for month, day and year.
- All Day: You may use this checkbox if you would like to designate that your event is an "All Day" event and has no specific start or end time.
- Start Time: If you would like to designate a start time for your event, you may select the appropriate hour and minutes from the drop-downs provided.
- *End Date: This field will automatically default to the date selected to start the event. You may choose a different end date if your event spans across multiple days. You may select from the drop-downs provided for month, day and year.
- End Time: If you would like to designate an end time for your event, you may select the appropriate hour and minutes from the drop-downs provided. If you would like your event to end at midnight on the end date selected, then choose the checkbox for "End at Midnight".
- Recur Type: If your event is part of a recurring series and follows a specific pattern, you may select that recurring pattern from this drop-down.
- Number of Occurrences: If you have selected to repeat your event, you will be required to select the number of repeating occurrences you would like for your event series. As you change this selection, the Calendar submission form will show you the date of the last occurrences in your series.
The only information required for the event schedule is the start date. All other fields are optional for selection.
If you would like to search for an available facility/room and make a request, then please choose the second radio option entitled "This event requires a facility."
Searching for Available Rooms: You may select to perform a search and find available facilities (rooms) that meet your event criteria and are currently available for scheduling requests.
If you perform a search and there are no rooms available that meet your criteria, you may broaden your search or select to not include a facility request and continue with your event submission.
To select the room that you would like to request, please click the checkbox to the left of the room name in the list. If a room has multiple setup options available, then you will see a drop-down menu of room setup options and you can select a different setup option for the room if desired. Based off the setup option selected, the associated setup time and tear down time for the room, as well as the maximum attendee count may change. Once you have made your room setup selection, the associated drop-down menus will be updated to reflect the default setup and tear down time. You may choose to request less time or more time for setup and tear down. Requesting more time, will inform the facility owner that you require time (outside the standard setup and tear down for the room) in order to setup and/or tear down for the event. You may also request a different setup count but the number entered cannot exceed the amount allowed for the room based off the setup selected. In addition, there is a setup notes text box that allows you to enter in additional information to be sent to the facility owner when reviewing your room reservation request.
If you would like to search for a resource(s) and make a request, then please click the checkbox for "My event requires reserving resources."
Once the checkbox is selected, then a drop-down menu will display including all resource categories and subcategories allowing you to search for resources you need by selecting the appropriate classification where the resource may be catalogued. Once you select a resource category/subcategory, then a list box will display with the associated resources available for requesting through this form. To select a resource to add to your event request, click the resource name from the list box and select the "ADD" button. Once a resource is added to your event request, you may also choose to enter in a quantity for that resource that is needed. For example: If you require two lamps, choose the lamp from the resource list box, click ADD and then enter in 2 in the quantity field beside that resource in your list. You may continue searching and adding resources to your event until the list that is displayed includes all resource requests relevant for your event submission.
This information is required to designate the contact person for any questions or additional information related to this event. This information will be displayed along with the event details to any visitor viewing your event.
- Name: This field supports 100 maximum characters.
- Phone #: This field supports 20 maximum numeric characters.
- Email Address: This field supports 100 maximum characters.
The event will be reviewed by the appropriate Calendar administrator(s) and you will be notified via email once it is approved or denied for inclusion on the Calendar.
Withdrawing your Event from the Calendar
You may withdraw your event request from consideration at any time. You must have a copy of your original confirmation email in order to perform the automated withdraw option. Click the link included in your confirmation email and you will be asked to confirm that you want to withdraw the event. Click "Yes" to confirm the withdraw/delete action or "No" to exit out of the withdraw option.
Phone: 540-857-VWCC (8922)
3094 Colonial Ave., SW
Roanoke, VA 24015
We use VW Alert to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency. Get more info and register!